Motability offers worry-free driving for road users with a wide range of disabilities. The Motability scheme includes servicing, maintenance and insurance. Plus, you'll be able to replace your car every 3 years for a brand new model.
Any eligible driver, carer or specified road user can apply for the nationwide Motability Scheme to benefit from an affordable and adaptable new car. For more than three decades, the scheme has been helping millions of people across the UK to find a more suitable motoring solution. Taw Ford is proud to be a premier Motability Partner representing the Ford brand, and we can supply you with the most suitable model for your needs.
All of the information you'll need on the scheme can be discussed with our team if you ring up or visit us in the dealership when you can then browse at your leisure. When you've decided on a new Ford car, we can complete your application and order your model. See below for the Scheme Benefits, Ford Models and up to date pricing.
- A brand new Ford of your choice every three years
- Insurance, loss and damage protection, personal accident cover for named drivers and passengers
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs at your Ford Dealer
- Full breakdown assistance from the RAC
- Window and windscreen replacement
- A 60,000 mile allowance during the three years
- Free replacement tyres fitted by Kwik-Fit
- The most popular adaptations arranged through your Motability accredited Ford Dealer
*There are many vehicles available at no additional cost to your allowance. However, if you do want a higher specification vehicle or one of our larger cars, you will need to pay an additional one-off ‘Advance Payment’.
If you’re receiving either of the following benefits, you could qualify for a car under the Motability scheme:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC-DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of the Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
Even if you can’t drive yourself, you could still get a car on the Motability scheme by nominating a family member, guardian or your carer as your driver.
You should have received an Award Notice with details of your allowance from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). If they haven’t sent you one, or if you’ve mislaid it, simply contact the DWP on: 03457123456.
Remember, if you’re thinking about joining the scheme, you must have at least 12 months of your award remaining.